Factors To Consider When Renting An Office Space
It must be time for you to move out from your garage and get a real office, or you are either planning on expanding your business; no matter what the reason is, renting is the first thing that pops into your mind if you do not have the necessary finance to buy a lot. Going around searching for appropriate office space can be a daunting task, however it must be done. So here are some of the factors you need to consider when selecting a space on rent which will help you focus and make the selecting process faster.
- Location- Location is everything when it comes to office space. You need to rent space which is easily accessible to customers. This will also depend on the product you are selling. For example, if you are located on the 10th floor and if you are selling goods which are very common and can be bought from any retail store, then it is highly unlikely that a customer would climb up all the way to buy it. If it is something unique, then yes he would. So me mindful of what you are selling and choose wisely.
- Parking- Nowadays, what most businesses lack is parking space. If your business has frequent customer visits, then parking space is compulsory. You do not want your customers to go back just because they did not find a parking spot. See if you could get it for free or you might have to separate cash for it. Talk to your neighbouring shops to see if you could come to a joint agreement on parking.
- Lease- You need to set out a budget beforehand so that you could choose to only look at space that you can afford. When coming into agreement, carefully read all terms and conditions and clear all doubts with your landlord. Ask any question you have regarding payment terms, air conditioning installation, maintenance etc. with no hesitation because once you sign on that dotted line, there’s no going back.
- Repairs- Clearly set out terms regarding repairs and maintenance in the lease contract. You need to know if repainting, commercial air conditioning installation Melbourne http://www.linearair.com.au/, roof repairs etc. is your job or your land owner’s. Also, check if there are any insurance policies for commercial air conditioning installation that would favour you in repairs and maintenance.
- Reputation of the vicinity- If you are planning on opening a premium clothes store, you can’t really open it up downtown. People would come to your store, if you locate uptown, where people who could afford such garments live. Also, ensure the area has high security since you do not need robbers, drug dealers and murderers walking in at night. The cleanliness of the area and your office is very important too. The first impression is mostly what sticks in people’s minds so ensure that your office is always clean and tidy.