Different Types Of Skilled Visas For People Outside Australia

Australia offers a lot of opportunities for recent graduates and skilled workers living outside the country. There are many different categories of skilled visas that are available for people to choose from. Tall of these categories offer different conditions and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they apply for the right category.

There are those who will like to go through the process alone while others will like to use immigration lawyers in Parramatta to get help. Whether you get a professional to help you or you decide to do it by yourself you need to understand the different types of skilled visa. The different types of visa are discussed below.

Skilled Independent Visa This visa is also referred to as Sub Class 175. It is for those individuals that have a skilled job and are hoping to come to Australia to find work. These applicants must have a pass mark in the points test. These applicants don’t need a job offer to be able to apply. This visa if granted permits the visa applicant any of their dependent to reside permanently in Australia. It also offers them the opportunity to take up employment and study.

Skilled Sponsored VisaThis is also known as subclass 176. Those who do not meet the points required for the points test can apply under this category. They need to be sponsored by someone already in Australia who is eligible to do so. Alternatively they will have to be nominated by one of the Australian Territories. This visa permits the applicant and their dependents to work and study in Australia.

Skilled Regional SponsoredThis category also known as subclass 457 is a three years visa offered to those who can’t meet the requirements of the skilled subclasses. It has to be sponsored by an eligible relative living in a particular territory or by the territory itself. The applicant and their dependents can stay in the country for up to three years. It can be used as a path to getting permanent residence. Look for divorce lawyers in Parramatta

Skilled Recognised GraduateThis is also known as subclass 476. This is an eighteen months visa available to recent engineering graduates from recognised universities. These graduates are supposed to have some skills that are required in the country. Applicants will not need to take the points test. They can also apply for permanent residence at anytime if they so wish.

Note that there are some basic requirements for those applying under skilled migration. You can get an Australian immigration lawyer to help. The basic requirements are;

• They should be no more than fifty years old at the time of their application• Meet the minimum English level requirement• Must have studied in an Australian University or has relevant job experience for the skill• Have skilled assessment for one of the occupations in the Skilled Occupation Lists